Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

It has been a very busy Easter Sunday!  We started off the morning with a quick look at what the Easter Bunny brought the kids: bubble wands, sunglasses for Mason, an Easter book, a mermaid doll for Kate, the Frozen movie, and chocolate covered marsh mellows just to name a few of the treats. 
The Easter Bunny was good to them.

 We did things a little bit differently this year and attended the Seven Hills Easter Sunrise service at the Fisher's house, which started at 8.  I didn't even think about the services being outside and it was so cold and wet from the dreary weather.  Despite that, we had a great time and the rain moved on out in time for the kids to hunt eggs.
 Group shot of the kids before the egg hunt began:
 Mason took a relaxed approach but managed to stop sucking his thumb temporarily to pick up about six eggs before the older kids scooped up the rest.


Can't get enough of this boy!

 By the time I took a couple quick pictures of Mason, I turned around and Kate was done already and checking out what candy she got in her eggs.



We had a great time celebrating with Mimi and Papa this morning!

After the Seven Hills event, we headed over to the University club to meet my family and Aunt Katie's family for our annual Easter brunch.  Mason snoozed a little bit in the car and woke up in time for us to take a couple pictures before we were seated. 

 Sitting in the Easter Bunny's chair:


 After lunch, we took the kids to the lobby where there was face painting and balloon animals.  We went at a great time because there was no wait!  The balloon man made Mason a red puppy dog.

He thought it was funny to bite it but then started crying after the second or third bite once he realized the puppy was disappearing.
 "where did it go?"

Meanwhile Kate decided she wanted to get her face painted "like a mermaid".  


 So excited about her "Princess Mermaid"
Kate also got a balloon - a pink flower with a ladybug!

This next picture is the one I'm most proud of  from today- thanks so much to Gigi for taking it.  It might not seem significant, but if you know Kate you know how petrified she is of the Easter Bunny.  She has been telling me for weeks she would go see him IF I went with her.  But, from the time we arrived at the University Club she was insistent that she would "not go see that bunny".  This year they charged for pictures with him so I decided I wasn't going to force them.  

BUT...you know me.  If there's an opportunity, I'm going to jump at it.  As we were leaving, the Easter Bunny was standing in the lobby and I asked him for a picture.  Kate started screaming at the top of her lungs - loud enough where I got several judgmental looks and lots of stares but that didn't stop me.  She was screaming and kicking her legs as we walked up beside the Easter Bunny (I'm sure we made him uneasy) and I know Justin wanted to run and hide but I was determined.  As soon as we stood beside him, I calmly told Kate to stop crying and tell the Easter Bunny thank you for her toys.  I honestly didn't expect the reaction I got: Kate stopped crying immediately and calmly said to the Easter Bunny in her sweetest voice "Thank you so much for my toys".  After the Easter Bunny gave her a thumbs up - you would have thought they were best friends forever.  She grinned for the picture and told the Easter Bunny "Bye, See you next year!" and as we were walking out she exclaimed "the Easter Bunny will always be in my heart."  I never know what to expect out of that crazy girl! 
We had a delicious lunch and a great time celebrating with my family and the Olks.

So thankful to be able to spend Easter with both families!  Happy Easter!


1 comment:

The Mundies said...

You should win some kind of award for always getting the best pictures! It looks like y'all had a great Easter and maybe we can hunt together next year ;)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...