Sunday, May 11, 2014

My First Blood Donation

Ashleigh-Anne and I have been great friends since we first met in middle school.  Over the years, she has had some serious health concerns.  Last year, she had life-changing surgery to have her colon removed and now she is on the transplant list waiting for a new liver.   She is my constant thoughts and prayers and a couple weeks ago, she had a very scary experience.

Since Ashleigh-Anne lives in Tennesse, there wasn't much we could do from afar and felt helpless.  Betsy came up with the great idea for several of us to go together to donate blood in Ashleigh-Anne's honor.  I was a little bit nervous since it was my first time donating, but I was so glad to know we were all helping in some small way.  It might have been my first time but I know it won't be my last!


Betsy, Sarah, Laura, myself and Jennifer

Thank you Ashleigh-Anne for the inspiration and thank you Betsy for taking pictures!

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

Thank you, Rebecca for always being such a supportive friend! I was so honored when Betsy told me of the plans to donate blood. Blood donation saved my life a few weeks ago and it's such an easy thing to do! I'm grateful for your generosity in helping to save lives! I have wonderful friends! (P.S. We've actually been friends since MIDDLE school! I know, we're OLD!) =)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...