Sunday, April 13, 2014

Annual Family Easter Cookout

We have had a very egg-citing weekend and it's not even Easter yet!  Every year (usually the Saturday of Easter weekend) we get together at my parents house for a egg hunt and cookout.  This year we decided to have our cookout the weekend before Easter because Justin and I thought we would be going to Naples for Easter (but those plans got rescheduled for May).

We headed over to my parent's as soon as the kids got up from naps.  Kate had been asking all day when it was time to go hunt eggs.  
 The pro egg hunter.
The "not so interested" egg hunter.

The littlest egg hunter.

We took a few pictures and dyed some eggs before the festivities began so a few last minute eggs could be hidden in the backyard. 
 Silly granddaddy.












 Beautiful Easter eggs!
I had plans to take pictures of the kids hunting eggs, but the stakes were raised this year for the "big" kids and there was no time to waste.  This year there were TWO golden eggs plus one "special" egg.  Sadly, I can not report I found one of the golden eggs. I still can not believe that Uncle Jordan found BOTH of the golden, even when one was right under my nose. 
 Look at the size of that golden egg - how did I NOT see that?!  Thankfully the rules stated one golden egg per family so we each got a Golden Egg which was stuffed with a Target gift card and a Chick-fil-a gift card! Uncle Jordan still got to keep his bragging rights. Thank you Gigi and Granddaddy!
The Evers' clan was still victorious - I found the "special" egg (stuffed with money)!!  It was a tough fight because it was the only egg not found and we had to go back out and hunt for that tiny blue egg.  Thank you Nanny! 
 Several other eggs were stuffed with $1 and $5 bills.  I think all together Mason found $4 in his eggs and Kate got around $6.  
 A little post hunt baseball game.



 After dinner, the kids opened their Easter gifts from Nanny and Gigi and Granddaddy.  So many goodies!


We enjoyed the fantastic family egg hunt!


No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...