Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Justin's Driving Again!

My life has changed for the better today - Justin is driving again!!  I hope it's going to be a long time before I hear any complaining about running errands, going out to get dinner, or picking up Kate because he has waited for this day for six long months.  I'm not going to lie, it has been exhausting these past six months, but I can't complain because we have had a wonderful support system of friends and family who were always willing to help however they could.  I owe a huge THANK YOU to my mom, Aunt Katie, and Lanier (Justin's business partner).  Without them, I don't know how I would have made it.  Although it was an unfortunate event at anytime, God's timing was perfect in the sense that we were able to make it work with the least amount of conflict and inconvenience.  I was working part time during most of these last six months and since Justin was working for himself, he had the option to work from home or get rides with Lanier.

Tonight, Justin drove us to church with one stipulation:  he had to let me take his picture.   


Thinking back, the more appropriate picture would have been one of me in the passenger's seat with my legs propped up on the dashboard, relaxing.  Well, relaxing might be a bit of a stretch because the thought did cross my mind about how I was going to stop the car if he had another seizure while driving.  Thankfully, Justin is a small boy so I guessed there was enough room for me to squeeze in between him and the wheel if I had to - does that make me crazy?  Justin would say "yes" but I would say I'm "prepared if needed".  

In all seriousness, this has been a challenging time, but I'm so thankful Justin hasn't had anymore episodes and is able to get back to being independent. I had a couple moments here and there where I felt like I was drowning in responsibilities/stress, but God always had a way to make me realize how blessed I am and to help me keep things in perspective. I'm trying each day to remind myself to put my faith in God when I feel stressed or overwhelmed - "Let Go and Let God". 

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I love that you called him a small "boy"! Too funny! Glad he's able to drive again, as I know it's a huge relief to you!!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...