Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 Year High School Reunion

A couple weeks ago I went to my 10 year high school reunion - yikes.  I remember wondering in high school who would I be at my 10 year reunion : would I be married and to whom? what kind of job would I have? would I have any kids, if so how many? where would I live? Honestly the truth today are not the answers I would have given 10 years ago, but God has blessed me more than I could have imagined.  I might not have the huge house I dreamed of, or the fancy car, or the ability to stay at home with Kate, but my ordinary, everyday life is great.

I had a good time at the reunion and I'm glad I went.  I was afraid I would regret not going since you only have one 10 year high school reunion.  It wasn't life altering in anyway, but I didn't really expect that.  With Facebook, I can keep in touch with just about everyone I want to.  But there's something about seeing someone face to face that even Facebook can't compete with.  There's only so much personal conversation you can have over the computer.  It's nice to see an old friend, meet their husbands/boyfriends, and to watch them react to seeing you after 10 years (hopefully those were "it's great to see you" faces and not "time has not been good to you" faces). Haha.

Friday night before the reunion, Jennifer and Noah invited us over to their house for dinner.  We had a great time hanging out and the kids enjoyed playing together.  Betsy - I stole these pictures off your blog.  Sorry!

From left to right: Kyndall and Ashleigh-Anne, Me and Kate, Elijah, Betsy and Koby, and Jennifer

The kiddos.  Kate did not want to take her picture (can you tell?).

Saturday night was the big event.  I wasn't able to go to the picnic at Tom Brown or the tour of Lincoln High School earlier that day because I was working, but I made sure to leave the office and be on time to our reunion.  The minute we walked through the doors, it felt like a flash back in time seeing all the familiar faces.    

Jennifer and Rebekah (friends since elementary school) myself and Ashleigh Anne (friends since middle school)
With the husbands.

The Rebeccas. 
The three of us were all in the same second grade class so to avoid confusion, we had to go by Rebecca M. Rebekah S. and Rebecca C (me).  Even today we still refer to each other as that from time to time.  Somethings never change - well except that I am Rebecca E. now, but I'll still answer to Rebecca C.

My handsome husband.  If you would told me in high school the two of us would be married, I would have laughed.  After all, I did tell him before we went on our first date that I didn't think the two of us would last.  Thankfully God has other plans! 

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...