Monday, July 25, 2011

First Prayer and New Songs

Tonight Kate said her first prayer with Daddy. She repeated after him, "Dear God, Thank you. Amen".  It was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard.  I love our bedtime routine.  Usually after dinner, Kate takes a bath and spends about 20 or 30 minutes just playing and singing.  After her bath, Justin and I read books with her in her room, sing some songs and say a prayer.  I have been so surprised at how well she can sing along to the songs.  Recently we discovered she knows "This Little Light of Mine" as well as the hand motions.  I keep telling Justin that I need to get it on video.  She also loves to sing "Jesus Loves Me", "Jesus Loves the Little Children" "Jesus' Love is a Bubbling Over" and "You are Holy (Prince of Peace)".  Usually Kate will belt out every third word or so in each song. When we were done singing tonight, she kept saying "more church".  Although I'm away from her most of the day, the hour or so before Kate goes to bed is the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...