Friday, November 11, 2016

Halloween 2016

We had another wonderful Halloween this year!  It was a very busy weekend and Halloween Monday but we crammed in as much fun as we could.  
Getting in the Halloween spirit!

On Thursday before Halloween, Mason's class had their annual costume parade at school.  He had been so excited about his pirate costume but wasn't so much once the day arrived to wear it.  Since he was already dressed (and we had spent money on it), I told him he had to wear the pirate costume to school.  There was a lot of pouting and some tears, but he had cheered up once we arrived that morning for the party.

Rhiannon (Sterling's little sister) and Mason 
Getting ready to walk in the parade.
 Our fierce pirate!
On Friday, I picked the kids up early from school so they could trick-or-treat at my office.  We didn't attend last year because of the Roberts Fall Festival, but I decided this year we could squeeze both events into one afternoon!  It was exhausting but worth the effort.  Mason requested to be a cowboy for my work event so I agreed.  Thankfully (for my sanity) Kate remained committed to the ladybug costume. 

 Daddy even left work early and joined us too!  We went to each conference room on the 1st-5th floors in my building and only the lobby of the first building.
 Our office (Financial Management) had a big luncheon earlier in the day and a costume contest.  They did a fantastic job decorating our first floor conference room like a red carpet event. The theme was super hero/famous celebrities...
 The Blues Brothers
 Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz
 Superheros
 The whole OFM Group (who dressed up)
 Ms. Joanne and Kim (a pirate and Wendy from Peter Pan)
 First Place Winners of the Contest - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Splinter
While the kids were trick-or-treating, my co-workers stayed in the conference room so pictures could be taken.  Too cute!

 On the red carpet with Mrs. Robin...the organizer of the event

After my work event, we took Kate, Mason and Bre-Anna to Roberts for the Fall Festival.  We had an hour or two before we met up with the rest of the Bruner family to attend the annual Halloween party at Mrs. Jen's (a former co-worker). 
On Sunday, it was trunk or treat at church.  I dressed the kids up and took a couple pictures before we left.  I know I'm biased, but they are the cutest ladybug and pirate I've ever seen! 


 Before church, we stopped by Nanny's house to trick-or-treat.  Halloween night is always so rushed so this way we had more time to visit!
 At church, the kids had a great time!  I didn't take as many pictures as I normally do but I still got some cute ones.

 The group picture - love this each year!
I huge "THANK YOU" to my parents for helping coordinate this event each year.  I know it takes a lot of time and effort and they do such a fantastic job. :)

And for the grand finale....we had a big group again this year for Halloween.  This has become one of my favorite things during the year and being with friends makes it even better.  Once again, my parents out did themselves and were our gracious hosts. We had a quick dinner of Publix subs, popcorn chicken, chips, dip, grapes, cookies, gooey bars and more!  Yummy.  It was a good thing we were walking around the neighborhood to burn off all that delicious food. 

A few pictures before we left...
 Mason and Sawyer
 CJ, Millie and Bre-Anna
 Kate, Audrey and Izzy
 Granddaddy and Cooper
 Levi and Izzy
 Camden
 Audrey and Sawyer
 Ruby
 My group picture didn't turn out as good this year because it was almost dark before we left.  That didn't stop us from having a lot of fun though!
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

The Mundies said...

Boo to another year without us being a part of the trick or treating tradition, but it looks like y'all still managed to have a great time. ;) I love the kids' costumes!

Tracy said...

thank you for the great photos!! Miss the Mundie's too!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...