Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back to work....(sigh)

Today was my first official day back to work and off of maternity leave. I thought I would be more emotional today, but I never once thought negative about going back to work and it's probably because of the fantastic work schedule I now have.

One Sunday our preacher said that every one of us has a moment in our lives where we can look back and say "That was all God". I can look back over the last several weeks/months/year and now see that my current work opportunity was God's handiwork. I prayed (and worried and agonized) over what I would do once maternity leave ended. I was off for three and a half months full time and then returned to work part time from January through March (4 hours a day). I had saved up enough leave so that I have been bringing in full pay checks each month and it was a great transition to work part time.

A few short weeks ago (as my April 1st deadline was quickly approaching), I had a job interview at another state agency and I was thinking that maybe that was where God was leading me. I went to that interview and 2 hours later, I left feeling extremely frustrated and thinking that I had just wasted my time when I could have been with Kate. BUT, after talking with my boss about my interview, the next night I got a late call from her offering to make my position a 3/4 employee instead of a full time (1) employee!! I am so excited about this wonderful opportunity and it's a good compromise for Justin and I. I didn't want to work and he wanted me to. Although I would love to quit and just be with Kate, I know that I need to contribute financially to our family, and hopefully in the future (when Justin is licensed, aka making more money) I can stay at home with Kate and baby #2 (if we are blessed with any additions, but not any time soon!).

SO - making a long story as short as possible, my new schedule is to work 6.5 hours a day, Monday through Friday. I'm hoping Kate will get both of her naps in at Mrs. Betsy's and she'll be ready to play when Justin or I get there to pick her up!

Here's a picture I took Wednesday (my last day of maternity leave).


No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...