Sunday, April 18, 2010

7 Months Old

Kate is now 7 months old - a little over half way to her first birthday.  We took our regular pictures with the Koala bear early Saturday morning before Kate went with Gigi and Grandaddy to spend the day with them.  

I was worn out after taking these pictures because this is how most of the pictures turned out:
Some of Kate's new things at 7 months old: she has tried green beans and carrots so far. Each time we try a new food it takes her a couple days to decide she likes it. She is sitting up great and prefers to sleep on her side now. There have been a couple nights she will wake me up because she has rolled over on her tummy - so I go downstairs and flip her over.  She is also starting to transition to formula at Mrs. Betsy's.  I wish I could have kept breastfeeding exclusively, but going back to work "full time" has made it difficult to maintain my supply.

  I can always get a big smile when I tell her to "shake it" or "boo". The teething ring has become her favorite toy right now and she still loves to look at books (they are great entertainment during church, especially the touch and feel ones). Speaking of teething - I'm thinking a tooth is going to break through any day. I don't think she is chewing or drooling any more than usual, but when you look at her bottom gum it looks like those teeth are just below the surface. That'll be fun trying to take a picture of that!

Saturday, Justin suggested we go fishing so I called my parents at the last minute to see if they would watch Kate.  When we were heading out of town, Justin's boss called to see if we wanted to take his boat out for the day but unfortunately we weren't able to take him up on the offer this time.  We didn't have any luck catching anything but I did get to see a porpoise feeding a couple feet away from us, which was neat.  Justin tried to tell me it was a shark but I wasn't that gullible. 

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...