Friday, April 2, 2010

Poop Nightmare

Tonight we had our first poop nightmare with Kate - there was only one other time I have had a similar experience but it was nothing I couldn't handle on my own (especially since Justin was at work at the time). Tonight was different. I had a rough ride home with Kate - she was shrieking and whining the entire way home but I didn't think anything about it since she doesn't like being strapped down in the car seat. Justin grab her car seat from car and took her inside and I was busy unloading the car. I walked in the house just in time to hear the dreaded words "oh no" and watched him take her to the bathtub. I looked at her in the tub and saw bright yellow poop all over her outfit. I looked at the car seat and there was a generous pool of poop in the crease. It was a NIGHTMARE to get everything cleaned up. I hope that doesn't happen again (or at least not anytime soon). Poor baby. The one silver lining is that we know how to take the car seat apart now. Also, I have to give credit to the Grease Lightning (my favorite cleaning product). If it gets all the poop out of her blue dress, it deserves an award because that outfit appears to be the first one that is ruined (and it looked so good on her!).
In case you have ever wondered what a car seat looks like without the padded cover...
Justin soaked everything down with cleaner and then left to get us dinner, so I ended up bathing and dressing Kate, getting her fed and in bed, scrubbing the entire car seat, and starting the poop clothes/towels in the wash- I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...