Tuesday, December 22, 2015

GSA Christmas Program and Naples Christmas Trip

We left the weekend before Christmas to visit all our family in Naples and celebrate Christmas together.  I was really looking forward to the trip but dreading all the work that was going to be involved.  We managed to get shopping done and wrapping completed just in time to pack up the car last Thursday and hit the road. 
 
Kate attended school that morning (Early Release Day) and I took Mason to his school where he participated in their Christmas Program.  Granddaddy was able to join me and watch as Mason portrayed the cutest little reindeer.  
 He's so adorable!
 I love these two pictures.
 Granddaddy and I had to take a couple pictures with our little star... 

 
Cutest little reindeer I've ever seen!
 
After the program, Mason and I went to pick up Kate from school and met daddy at home to pack the car.  We left Thursday afternoon and arrived in Naples later that night.  The weather was terrible and the traffic not ideal but we were thankful to have a safe trip.  We stayed once again in Estero which is about 20 minutes north of Naples.  It's a little more driving but the cheaper hotel rates (and a suite and cooked to order breakfast at the Embassy) are worth it!
 Playing a reindeer was hard work - he passed out shortly after we got on the interstate.
 There's nothing better to these two than riding the luggage cart around.
 
Friday morning we got up early and went to Gaga's.  We had made plans to play Bingo, eat lunch, go to the Gingerbread House at the Ritz Carlton AND enjoy dinner and a family Christmas later that night at Aunt Linda's house.  Whew! 
We started our morning playing Bingo - one of my favorites.  The last couple times I have played I have never won but that particular morning I was on a roll!  I won double Bingo twice plus I won a single game after that!  I was afraid they were going to ask me to leave. :) 
 Documenting my first win.
 My winning card.
My second double Bingo win!  I kept joking around I needed to go buy a lottery ticket. 
 
After I won the two double Bingos, Kate asked me to switch cards with her.  We played a couple rounds where none of us won and then we switched cards back.  Once we did that, Kate won a game!

Winners! 
 All the Bingo girls.
 
We had a delicious lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and then we headed over to the Ritz Carlton to see the life sized Gingerbread House.  Gaga had initially wanted us to attend a Teddy Bear Tea there but they sell out several months prior (I'll know better if we want to go next year - call in September).  The kids were impressed with the Gingerbread House and I was too! 
 A list of ingredients:


 It looked so delicious!
 


When we left the Ritz, we did a little bit of shopping and headed over to Aunt Linda's for dinner and then back to the hotel.
 
Saturday was another fun packed day.  We spent most of the day out at Pa's house.  Daddy packed the fishing rods so the kids went fishing, but unfortunately the fish weren't biting.




 
 The kids quickly gave up once cousin Emmalee arrived.  Her grandpa (Uncle Larry) let her bring their new Gator so they had a fun time driving all around on that. 

 Mason and Kate both clung to Emmalee for as long as she would let them.
Kate, Emmalee, Mason and Zach
 Being silly.
 
Later that night we walked across the street to Applebee's to enjoy a quick dinner.  Kate has really gotten into taking pictures on our cell phones so she captured our lovely dinner together.

On Sunday, we were up again bright and early to attend church (that Justin grew up attending) and stop by Gaga's for a quick visit before heading back home. 

We had a wonderful visit and I hope we can go back again soon.  It was so good to spend quality time with Pa and Gaga.  Merry Christmas!
 

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...