Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Four Christmas Events, One Day

The second Sunday in December was packed!  I had five events to attend that day and fortunately every one of them was back to back to back (to back to back).  It started off with the Faith Lane kids taking a "field trip" to Allegro to sing Christmas Carols.  I was able to go once again this year and watch them perform (always a cute show). 

 Kate and Izzy
 Kate and Audrey
 My beautiful reindeer!  After they sang, the kids passed out gifts they had made to all the residents (bedazzled star ornaments made out of clay).
 
Right after church, we went to Southwood to attend the Santa Brunch.  I was excited that we were able to attend again this year since last year was so much fun!  Uncle Jordan made reservations for us all to enjoy a delicious lunch and then take pictures with Santa.  As usual, Santa arrived in his red golf cart and had candy canes to pass out to all the kids. 
Patiently waiting for their turn to see Santa...


 Mason promised he wasn't going to cry this time and he didn't!  He was still very hesitant but he finally made it up on Santa's lap.

Our free photo:
After brunch, we went outside to take advantage of the gorgeous (hot) weather and take a few family pictures.



When we left Southwood, we rushed home to change so we could attend a Christmas Party at Mrs. Betsy's house.  We haven't been able to make it each year (usually because we were traveling) so I made sure we squeezed it in this year.  I wish we could have stayed longer because I always enjoy catching up with the girls. Thank you Mrs. Betsy for these pictures!

 All the munchkins!
After our third event of the day, I dropped the kids off with daddy so he could take them to church and I ran to a graduation dinner for one of my co-workers.  Once again, I wish I could have stayed longer but I had to rush out to get to church so I wouldn't miss Santa and hearing Kate sing in the talent show. 
 Waiting on Santa.
 Santa arrived! 
 
Mason got better and better each time. 
 And Camden was a pro.
 
After Santa's visit, it was time for the talent show (aka open mic night). 

 Our beautiful singer.  I love how she doesn't hesitate to get up in front of a crowd.  You go girl!
 
Kate sang "We wish you a Merry Christmas" and soon the flood gates opened and all the little ones wanted to sing.  Mason got up and grinned behind the mic and finally Kate join him on stage to sing Jingle Bells.  But, Kate bailed halfway through the song when Mason quit singing.  Haha.  It was a comedy/talent show. Camden got up next and sang his "ABCs" beautifully. 

 It was a fun and exhausting day and I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...