Friday, May 30, 2014

End of the School Year 2013-14

Today marked the end of another school year, although it doesn't mean that much to us right now since both kids go to school year round.  However, today was significant because it was the last day for Mason in the Mice room (baby room) and the last day for Kate in the Bears room (4 year olds).

I'm not ready for Mason to move up but I know he will do great in the "big" class.  I felt the same way when Kate was ready to move up - it just happens too fast!  We have loved all the teachers in both classes but I have extra heartache leaving Ms. Leah and Mrs. Betty.  They have been second mothers to Mason and anyone can tell he adores them.  He rarely ever cried in the mornings when I dropped him off - which made it SO much easier on me.  I was so thankful to know he was in good hands and loving life!

 Ms. Leah and Mason.  
Mason goes running into Ms. Leah's arms every morning grinning so big and then usually looks at me as if to say, "you can go now".
 Mrs. Betty and Mason.  

Mrs. Betty reassured me they would keep an eye on Mason and let him visit whenever he wanted.  I hope he has a smooth transition into the Bunnies class with Ms. Veranda and Miss Allison. 

Miss Priss is also moving up on Monday into the Kittens class.  She has had a wonderful school year in the Bears class and luckily most of her friends are moving up with her.  It's hard to believe she will be starting VPK this fall.  Both Mrs. Stephanie (who is expecting her first little one in August) and Mrs. Rachel have been wonderful to Kate and always very complimentary of her.  We will miss them so much but we are also looking forward to the next class with Miss Cindy and Ms. Janet.  VPK - here she comes!  
Mrs. Rachel, Kate and Mrs. Stephanie

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...