Saturday, April 27, 2013

Grocery Shopping with Mommy and Pool Time!

One of the downsides of being a working mom is having to do errands on the weekends.  I enjoy grocery shopping and I can get it done quicker when the kids aren't with me, but I try to take one or both of them with me - to give daddy a break and to give me as much time with them as possible.  This morning, I left Kate watching cartoons with daddy and Mason and I headed up to the grocery store.  I put him in the shopping cart seat for the first time and took a couple pictures.  He loved it and was a perfect angel the entire time.  Whenever anyone would talk to him, he would study them, and then grin and quickly turn away.  

 Holding on tight and checking out the view.
Flashback to April 2010 (Kate's first time sitting in the cart):
And back to my handsome boy:

When I got back from the store, Kate asked if she could help unload the groceries.  She has really become mommy's big helper (when she wants to).  She loves to help and I try to let her attempt a task before I step in and give her some needed assistance.  She loves to hold the hose and wash the car, unload groceries from the cart onto the checkout counter, put on her shoes, and clean up her toys.  Since she was so sweet this morning, I told her she could go swimming.  I knew the water would be chilly and I warned her, but she said "Mommy, I love to be in cold water every day". So it was settled.

We headed over to Gigi and Granddaddy's to swim and Granddaddy had the pool filled up and sitting in the sun when we arrived. She would slide into the pool, jump out and run around the yard, and then go back down the slide and into the pool.  There was a bunch of grass in the pool, something that irritates me, but it never phased Kate!



I'm sure this is the first of many pool days this summer!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...