Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is my first Mother's Day as a mom of two.  Simply put, I love being a mom.  It is an exhausting job, but more rewarding than anything I have ever experienced.  I thank God for the wonderful mother, grandmother and great-grandmother (who is no longer with me) he has blessed me with and I pray that I will be as wonderful a mother to Kate and Mason as they were to me.
It has been a great weekend over all.  Yesterday, I spent the entire day at the house, which was a nice change.  Although I cleaned out both of the kids closets, it was nice just to be at home and not have to go anywhere. When I woke up this morning, Kate gave me the sweetest homemade Mother's Day card she had made (with Daddy's help).  I also had a special treat from my mom that included a gift card to DSW, a gift card for a manicure, a framed picture of me with the kids and a cute necklace.

I wanted to do something special for the moms in my life, but I lack creativity sometimes.  I decided this year to invite everyone over to our house for a combined family Mother's Day lunch.  My parents, Mimi and Papa, Uncle Jordan and Aunt Katie, and Katie's mom, dad, sister and grandmother all came over and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.  Kate was the after dinner entertainment, pulling out her microphone and singing anything she could think of - "Jesus Loves Me", "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and even "Deck the Halls" (I'm glad she's not shy).








And here's a couple other recent pictures of my two little monkeys:

You may think Kate is wearing an eye mask, but it is actually her princess crown.  She often tells me she is a princess and that I am a princess too and Daddy is a prince.  When I ask her what Mason is, she tells me he is a pirate.


The bib says it all!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers I know!






















1 comment:

Tiffany said...

It looks like you all had a great Mother's Day. We are looking forward to seeing you at the beach soon.

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...