Monday, July 26, 2010

Back from Atlanta

I survived my first weekend without Kate!  My mom was so sweet to text me updates all weekend so I didn't feel like I was missing too much.  On Friday Justin and I went to Six Flags where we encountered several family reunions, church groups, and day camps.  It was miserably hot and crowded, but we lasted until we rode everything we wanted to.  Side note - apparently now there is a hot line to call and report line jumping - isn't that funny?  When we got back to the hotel that night, we were greeted by not one, but four, family reunions.  I wanted to croak. 

Saturday was another busy day - we went to the Aquarium in the morning (more crowds full of family reunions and day camps), toured the Braves stadium at lunch, and went shopping that afternoon (Justin couldn't miss an opportunity to go to Bass Pro).  The Braves tour was one of the best things we did all weekend.  We were able to go to the clubhouse and even sit in the dugout!




This is the view from the front row - guess how much these seats cost? $25,000 for a season but you have to commit to buying 2 seats for the next three years - so actually you pay $150,000 (including all the food you can eat).  I also learned the cost of having a corporate suite at the ballpark - $275,000 a year with a three year commitment ($825,000) but it does not include food (can you believe that?).  I can't imagine having that much money to spend.


At the end of the tour we were able to visit the Braves Museum where Justin found "his cousin".


Sunday we got up early and drove to Macon to attend their worship service before heading home.  I was so excited to see Kate - I expected a big reaction when she saw us but I didn't get the grand welcome I had hoped for and Kate cried when Justin held her (poor daddy).  Although she didn't show it, I know she's glad we're back!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...