Saturday, July 3, 2010

First Week with Daycare Closed

This week was the first week Mrs. Betsy was out of town, so Gigi kept Kate.  Thank you so much Gigi!  I have gotten so spoiled to my mom picking her up everyday so I can go straight to work.  Typically, I am responsible for taking Kate to day care and picking her up everyday - which never sounded like much effort to me before, but now I realize how much is involved.  Even though the diaper bag stays packed with toys, pacifiers, and diapers through the week, depending on when we leave and where we go, I have to add bottles, formula, bibs, dinner, cheerios, an extra outfit or pajamas for our outing. Whew, life has changed (but it's for the better!).

Thursday night Uncle Jordan and Ms. Katie came over to eat tacos and hang out.  We put Kate to bed at 7 but it took her longer than usual to fall asleep - she knew we had company and didn't want to go to sleep.  She would throw her pacifiers or kitty blanket on the ground and wail - just to get one of us to go back there.  Silly girl.  Meanwhile, the adults played a fierce game of Phase 10, which Justin ended up winning.  We were introduced to that card game by Mark and Jennifer Butts and have become hooked ever since. 

I don't have a single picture from Thursday night to share, sorry!  Uncle Jordan and Ms. Katie were flying out to California today to spend the week out there with her family, so we hope they have a safe trip and a great time!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...