Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day of School!

This has been the longest week for me since Mason started daycare Tuesday (he was sent home early Thursday and then stayed home Friday with Gigi).  I have constantly thought about him all day, every day but thankfully he has gotten good reports each afternoon.  I just count down the minutes until I know Justin has picked the kids up or until I can get there to pick them up.  Thankfully, I have a two minute commute to the school so I don't have to wait long once I leave work.

  I can tell he has been trying hard to be brave this week, but this morning he finally broke down and started crying when I left him.  Thank you sweet boy for giving mommy a couple days before you had this reaction.  Otherwise we might have both been in tears.  Each morning when we leave for school he kicks his legs and laughs, which is a good sign that he has fun there.  He continues to do this until we get to his classroom and then he gets a very serious look on his face and the smile quickly fades.  He loves his teachers, Ms. Leah and Ms. Betty, and several other teachers have told me they love to play with him when they stop in the baby room for a visit.  It makes me feel good knowing he gets a little extra loving. :)

Looking handsome for his first day of school!
 So big.
First Day of Daycare (10 months old)

Although this week was just another week for Kate, she was very excited to get to move up to the Bears class this fall.  She is back in the same class with Peyton, Sterling (whom she has been with since they were babies) and Kaylen.  These four kiddos have been together since they were 18 months old at GSA. 

Kate is also taking ballet and tap classes again this fall.  We were unsure she would be able to continue (since it's a small investment - tap shoes, ballet shoes, leotards, tights, etc) but when daddy found out about his job, we signed Kate back up.  I'm excited to see her dance recital this fall - something they didn't do over the summer.  I have never been to a dance recital since I never took dance so I'm excited to see how Kate does.

First day of 4 Year Old Preschool in the Bears Class.
 
It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...