Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our Recent Naples Trip

This past weekend, we took a trip to Naples to attend Nene's Memorial Service.  Although we wish the circumstances were better, we had a great time visiting with all the family.

We left Friday morning at 7:15 and arrived in Naples around 2.  The kids did great in the car.  We knew Kate would because she loves to watch movies the entire way, but we weren't sure how Mason was going to do.  The last time we went to Naples, he was much younger and slept most of the way.  This time, Justin and I traded off driving and squeezing in the back seat between two car seats to help entertain Mason when he wasn't napping.

When we got to Naples, we ran by the hotel and dropped off our luggage and then headed out to Pa's house for a family cookout.  Mason burst into tears at all the new faces, but he warmed up after a little bit.  Daddy and Kate did a little bit of fishing and it was good to visit with everyone and catch up.

 Sleepy girl.
Erin and Mason.
 Kate, Zack, Daddy and Ryan fishing.

Mason and John.

Saturday morning was Nene's Memorial Service.  This memorial service was unlike any other that I have attended.  At the end of the service, Daddy's cousin John was baptized!  So at Papa's request, we made sure to bring our camera so we could capture this joyous occasion.  We know Nene was rejoicing with the angels that morning - she would have loved to be there.








And a picture from my view in the audience:

After the service, we all enjoyed a fellowship meal together and spent some time with friends and extended family that attended the service.  After lunch, I ran around and took a few more pictures before we left.

 Cousin Erica and her little boy Zack.
 Cousin Emmalee and Kate.

 All the great-grandchildren: Kate, Emmalee, Erin, Mason, Ryan and Zack
I asked the three older kids to each grab a younger one and miraculously I got a great picture without much effort!
This was the other important picture to me that I am so glad I got - four generations of Evers men.

Kate and the church fountain - she loves making a wish!

After the service, daddy went out to Pa's that afternoon to spend some time with him and John and I took the kids to the hotel for naps.  Saturday evening Aunt Linda treated us to a BBQ dinner at her house.  After dinner, everyone was so tired from the day's events that we all went to bed early.  Sunday morning we attended church and that afternoon, Daddy went out to Pa's again while the kids napped at the hotel.  Sunday evening, we all met at the beach to take some family pictures.  Unfortunately, Justin and I didn't realize the drastic temperature change between our air conditioned car and the humidity at the beach and our camera fogged up completely.  We were afraid it was ruined and our family pictures were over before they began, but fortunately Melanie brought her camera and Aunt Linda used her phone.  Whew.  I hope there will be great pictures to share sometime soon. :)





We left Monday morning around 9 and got back home at 4 in the afternoon.  It seemed like a long trip home, but I'm thankful we made it home safely! We had a great visit but it's always good to be home! 


1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

How sweet that there was a baptism at the memorial service. I love when people do more of a "celebration" than a truly sad funeral. Even though we are sad, knowing that the person is now with Jesus is cause for a celebration--a happy time! The beach pictures are great! My camera does the same thing when I take it out on the beach. I've found that if you just give it about 5 or 10 minutes to adjust to the moisture and humidity, it will stop fogging over and you can shoot like normal. I also have a UV filter over my lens which makes me feel better about the moisture not getting inside of it. You can get them for like 10 bucks. Loved all of the pictures and glad you had a great trip!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...