Friday, August 30, 2013

Changes are Here!


There are a few big changes for our family this week!  Justin started a new job today at the Florida Department of Transportation in a licensed surveyor position!  Although he interviewed for the job almost a month ago, we hadn’t heard anything until two weeks ago when they called and offered him the position.  Over the past year, he has interviewed with several companies, including DOT, and for one reason or another, they never worked out.  God’s timing is perfect and this is a great opportunity just when it is needed most! 
I can’t begin to express how proud I am of Justin.  He has worked so hard and made so many sacrifices for our family. Although this past year has been extremely hard, both financially and emotionally, I wouldn’t trade that experience because it has helped Justin and I grow in our relationship. 
There have been so many times I have thought back and started to second guess our decisions like being without pay for three months during my maternity leave, but Justin has always been there to tell me he fully supported that decision and not to regret it.  Things could always be worse, but I’m looking at our future as a time to rebuild and renew.  It’s going to be hard working full time and still being the mother and wife I want to be, but through all of this I have learned that we might bend, but we won’t break!
Because of Justin’s new job, Tuesday will be Mason’s first full day at daycare (he was sent home early yesterday with pink eye).  I am nervous about how he will react but I know we will all survive, even if he hates it.  This week he has started to cry when I leave for work in the mornings and frantically crawls over to me to pick him up.  It breaks my heart when he does that, so I’m trying to prepare myself for this reaction when I start dropping him off.   Big sister Kate will also be going back to school full time so it gives me a little comfort to know she will be with Mason – although I’ll be surprised if she pays him much attention.
There are several things I will miss about the past year like having the house cleaned and dinner cooked while I am at work, and Kate going over to Nanny’s house for their weekly play dates, but there are also great things to look forward to now that we will be a steady two-income family (which hasn't happened for almost 3 years). 
Please keep us in your prayers! 

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

Congratulations to Justin!! I know this time of transition will be challenging, but as you said, God's timing is always perfect! His plans are always greater than our own and I'm sure you will see that soon enough. Hope Mason feels better and that things go much better than you're anticipating on Monday morning!!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...