Saturday, March 23, 2013

Back at Work

A lot has changed since my last post.  I started back to work on March 1st and at a new job, but I have enjoyed these last few weeks, which has surprised me.  I really like my new boss and new co-workers and I am so relieved to know I made the right decision.  I am so thankful and relieved to have this sense of peace.  Whew.  I've decided not to focus anymore on the downside of working, which is being away from my kids because what is that going to change?  Yes, I'm away from them ten hours a day, five days a week, but it's not going to last forever.  I'm stronger than I think I am.  It's hard, but it has to be done.  Everything can't be my way so I'm just trusting in God and doing it His way.  

The best part of our single income situation is that Justin is at home with my sweet babies. Honestly, I think he's running the household better than I did!  He has been such a great help to me by not only caring for the kids, but also helping with the laundry, cleaning the house, and cooking dinner.  He's the best daddy and husband!  My life is SO much easier knowing he is home taking care of everything.  It's a trade off living on one income, but I'm fine with it, even if this continues for several more months.  God's timing is perfect and I know the right job for Justin (us) will come along at the perfect time.

These past several weeks we have gotten into a good routine.  I get up at 6am and get ready as much as possible before Mason wakes up.  Mason usually gets up closer to 6:30am and I feed him and then let him play.  On Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, I take Kate to school so we have to wake her up at 6:30am so she will be ready to leave by 7:15am.  Regardless of it being a school day or not, I try to leave our house by 7:15am each morning.  On my lunch hour, I pick Kate up at noon and run her back home on MWFs.  On those days I enjoy seeing her for a few extra minutes each day and running in the house long enough to give each of my boys a kiss.  It's a good mid day pick-me-up.  Tuesday and Thursdays I try to run errands during my lunch hour or on the weekend.  I try to go straight home after work because if I don't, that's less time I get to see Kate and Mason before they go to bed.  My time management skills are really getting put to to the test right now!
        
I'm still going to remain hopeful that something will change in the future - maybe not in the next couple months but maybe in the next couple years.  Maybe I'll be that mom that has two kids in school and doesn't work - the one I used to roll my eyes at and think "what does she do all day?".  That's my new goal in life!  Maybe one day my time will come to be a stay at home mom.  And even if it doesn't, then I'll change my goal to be a stay at home grandmother!  In the meantime, my focus each day is to get home to these smiling faces:



1 comment:

The Mundies said...

I am so glad work is going well and I think you are an awesome mom, working or not! Y'alls friendship means so much to us and we are so thankful to have you as friends! :)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...