Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving and My 30th Birthday!

Today was a great day - it was Thanksgiving (one of my favorite holidays) and it was my 30th birthday!  I have been so busy with Kate and Mason that I haven't had much time to dwell upon the fact that I was turning 30.  It sounds so strange to say - "Thirty".  I remember when I was in high school I would think, "I wonder what my life will be like when I'm 30 - will I be married, will I have kids and if so how many, will I have a house, what will my profession be, etc."  I don't know what was magical about that age, but I guess I thought I would have my life figured out by then. Now that I am thirty, my life is pretty much all I had hoped it would be.  The one thing I would change is my profession (I'd like to be a stay at home mom), but other than that I have no complaints.  I have a wonderful husband who I love very much, two beautiful children that bring so much joy to my life, the best family and wonderful friends.
 
I'm thankful today for all the many blessings in my life and I'm thankful for the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving and my birthday with my family.

 Thank you Aunt Katie and Uncle Jordan for my monogrammed rain jacket - I love it!
 Thank you mom and dad for my monogram necklace! 
 
I also got birthday cards and a little spending money from Nanny, my parents and Justin's family.  Kate helped me open all my gifts and cards and she immediately gave my spending money to Justin - hmmm.  He said he was going to hold it in escrow for when the bill comes in for the birthday gift I ordered myself this morning (an iPad!).
 
 
Tomorrow night Justin is taking me on a date night to celebrate my birthday and I'm really looking forward to it!
 Uncle Jordan and Aunt Katie.

Nanny and the kids. 
Mason got a lot of loving from Nanny today since she was willing to hold him and he is always willing to be held.
 My little turkey.
 Helping mommy blow out the birthday candles - it's a serious job.
 Family picture.
  Gigi and Granddaddy, thank you so much for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and birthday celebration!
 
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love this post! Happy belated birthday:)

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I love your monogrammed jacket and especially the necklace!! Please text me and tell me where your parents found it! I need/want one for my upcoming 30th! :) Glad you had a wonderful day!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...