Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Fun and Bath Tub Time!

Today the kids and I went to Bradley's Fun Day with my parents and Aunt Katie, something we do every year.  This year was just as fun although we didn't buy any crafts - just food! Kate was a little more of handful than usual (I think she was tired) and we discovered she is still scared of Santa like she was last year.  Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus were at Bradley's and Kate wanted nothing to do with them. We told her that she didn't have to see Santa but that Mason was going to see him this year and she insisted neither she nor Mason were going to sit on Santa's lap this year.  We will see...
 
After doing a little browsing through the crafts, we went across the street to the kids section.  The first thing Kate asked to do was a pony ride so we bought her a ticket and picked out a horse.  We only made it once around the loop when Kate started shouting "I'm done, I'm done!" and she let go of the saddle and reached for me. 
 
Next, Kate wanted me to ride the train with her, which we did, and this time she lasted through the entire ride.  We tried to get her to go in the bounce house, pet the animals, paint her face or go on the inflatable slide, but none of that interested her.
 
All in all we had fun and Mason slept through the entire event (thank goodness!).

First pony ride

 
 Train ride with Mommy
 
 
Reading stories before nap time
 
And the grand finale for Mason today was taking a bath in his bath tub for the first time.  Up until now, I had been giving him sponge baths which he did not like.  I waited longer to submerge him in water due to his belly button.  Although his cord fell off on Halloween, the area looked infected so we had to treat it another week or so with antibacterial ointment as an extra precaution.  It has since healed so I decided tonight was the night to try out the tub.  And the outcome was not one tear and I even got a couple smiles!


  Loving bath time!
 
 Hard to believe I'm going to have to do a one month post next week - where had the past four weeks gone?  I'm trying to soak up every moment with my sweet little boy but I can't help but think every day that goes by is one more day closer to when I have to go back to work.  I need a miracle...

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...