Monday, August 29, 2011

Church Friends

I wanted to share a couple pictures of Kate with her church friends from the last two small group events.  We have been doing small group for the last three months and I love it.  It has really gotten me excited about going to bible class on Sunday mornings and I always look forward to our small group events.  It's sometimes hard to develop a relationship with other couples/families our age when we just see each other in between worship and class.  There's never enough time to "talk" other than to say a quick "Hi, how are you?" and off we go.  I wish we would have done this sooner, but better late than never.  

Eating lunch out at El Jalisco - these girls like their Mexican food.

Last night we went over to Aaron and Meredith Sullivan's house.  Kate loves being able to run around and play with her friends.  Guess what she ate for dinner after working up an appetite - ice cream cake.  I know, it's not setting a good precedence, but who can blame her?  Everyone else was eating lasagna, garlic bread and salad but my child only wanted "My Treat".  On the way home, Kate was slouching in her carseat and when I asked what she was doing she replied, "I'm sleepy". 

Peyton, Kendal and Kate.  We missed you Audrey!

On a sad note, Pa fell a couple days ago and broke his hip, so we taking an unexpected trip to Naples this weekend.  He came through surgery well, but has a long recovery ahead.  Since it's Labor Day weekend, Justin and I decided we needed to take advantage of the extra day and head down there.  It'll be good to see Nene and Pa and the rest of the family, I just wish Pa was feeling better.

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...