Monday, March 1, 2010

Sleeping like her daddy

Kate has started sleeping with just a blanket for naps and bedtime.  One morning, Justin found the swaddle wrap up around her neck so we quit swaddling her.  She has done really good sleeping un-swaddled and as long as she has her blanket and a pacifier she seems content. Tonight, when I went in to check on her, this is what I saw. It makes my neck hurt just looking at the picture.
There's no denying she is Justin's child.  He is the weirdest sleeper.  Me - I am a back sleeper.  I lay my arms over my stomach and never move all night - except to push an arm or leg off of me.  Justin on the other hand is an "all over the place" sleeper.  He will sleep with his legs in the indian style position; he will sleep with his feet flat on the mattress and knees up in the air; he talks in his sleep and flips and flops all night long.  He said when I haven't been there, he has woken up with his head at the footboard.  There have been several nights I get up in the middle of the night and have to tuck the sheet back under the mattress.  It's like sleeping beside a fish out of water.  I have no idea how he feels rested after completing such a workout.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh.

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...