Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017!

I have had a wonderful Mother's Day today.  They keep getting better and better each year!  The week started off with a Mommy and Me Tea with Mason at his school  They sang special songs to mothers and then we enjoyed a party in his classroom.


 Love my boy!
Kate was busy making cards this week.  I love her creativity! 
"To: Gigi From: Kate  I am sweet and juicy like you".  
Not sure where that came from but it made me laugh.

 "I love you with all my heart.  You are the best!"

Mimi's card:

 Kate also worked very hard on her Mother's Day questionnaire at school:

Her name is Redcae.
She's pretty as a rose.
She is 34 years old.
She has blue eyes and blond hair.
She weighs 102 pounds and is 5'5" tall.
Her favorite food is pasta yaya.
In the good old days when she was little, she used to cut her Barbie doll's hair.
I think Mom is funny when she is scared.
My mom always says go to bed.
My mom is good at cooking cake but not so good at cooking pork chops.
My mom really loves me.
My mom and I like to shop.
I love it when my mom tickles me.
My mom looks so pretty when she wears dresses.
My mom is beautiful because she ____________(blank).
I wouldn't trade my mom for $1,000.
I love my mom because she loves me.

These questionnaires are one of my favorite gifts!  I was laughing with tears in my eyes when I read this.  Especially the "go to bed" response and the blank response for "my mom is beautiful because..."

Today, Mother's Day, we went to my parent's house for lunch after church.  We had planned for Uncle Jordan to host but mom insisted she wanted us to get together at their house.  We enjoyed chicken salad and croissants, pasta salad, fruit, chips and cake!  Everything was SO good. 
  After lunch, the munchkins played hard in the blowup pool while the adults sat around and "relaxed" (as Mason says). 

Enjoying an ice cream treat.

And what Mother's Day is complete without a few pictures?!
I'm not sure if I Katie and I have many pictures together so I made sure the two of us took one today!  I love being her sister-in-law. 
 The moms!



I hope I can be half the mom to my two that she is to me!
So blessed to be their mom.

This evening, we met Mimi and Papa at Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
We enjoyed our time together!

To continue my annual tradition, I signed up once again for a Mommy and Me mini session.  This year, Amber Brogdon took them for me.  She always does a beautiful job!  It was frantic morning trying to get the kids and I ready since Justin was out of town fishing, but I managed.  It was so windy that morning so we tried to take pictures in between wind gusts. 

One of my favorites:



 Love this beautiful girl!

 And my handsome boy.  He is a true momma's boy and I love it.


  How did I get so lucky?

At the end of our mini session, Uncle Jordan bravely met me with Camden and Cooper to attempt a couple group shots.  All the kids did great and we were pleased with how quickly Amber managed to snap these pictures. 

These next three were the ones we chose to frame for my mom: 
 


Love my family!

Hope all the moms in my life had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...