Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mother's Day 2015


Happy Mother's Day! This is going to be a long post but I have a lot to share about Mother's Day this year.  
 
I saw these shirts on Zulily that say, "I love my Gigi" and I knew I had to order them for my mom.  We picked a weekend back in April to take the pictures and thankfully the kids cooperated long enough for me to get a few cute pictures.  Exhausting is an understatement when I think about how hard it was to wrangle all three of these munchkins. Luckily we got a couple cute pictures!




 The frame worthy shot:
 
The Thursday and Friday before Mothers Day, I went to "Mommy and Me Tea" with both Kate and Mason. This was Kate's last year at Good Samaritan (tear).  The kids made adorable gifts and were so excited to show me what they had made.
Thursday was Mason's Mommy and Me Tea: 

 Ready to perform!
 My Mother's Day gifts:
 I love it when they ask the kids questions - so funny to hear their responses.
 One of Aunt Katie and Camden (who were also there):
 On Friday I went back to school for Kate's Mommy and Me Tea:

She was so excited to sing with her class and ran to the front of the group so I would have the best view of her performance.

 My Mother's Day gifts from Kate:
close up:
Kate drew several pictures for me. 
The caption reads "Mommy and I invited our friends to a sleepover"
A coaster - this is at my office. :)
 And an extra special surprise was the bracelet Kate made for me one Wednesday night in bible class.  I love it!  She did such a great job picking out the beads and have enjoyed wearing it.
 
I have to share how great of a job she did decorating the bag my bracelet came wrapped in:

 
The Saturday before Mother's Day was a very busy day.  We ran a couple errands that morning and then went over to Nanny's house to eat lunch and visit.  We really enjoyed spending time with her since we knew we wouldn't see her on Sunday.
Saturday night, we attended Libby's wedding (Aunt Katie's sister) at Honey Lake Plantation.  It was gorgeous!  The kids spent the night at Mimi and Papa's house so Justin and I could enjoy the wedding and not rush home (it was 45 minutes east of Tallahassee).  Dad officiated the ceremony, Mom helped wrangle Camden, and Justin and I enjoyed the festivities. 


 We owe a special thank you to Aunt Katie's cousin Chris for taking these pictures with his awesome camera:

On Mother's Day (Sunday), I enjoyed sleeping in before meeting the kids and Mimi and Papa at Seven Hills.  We had a nice lunch together and even took a couple pictures.  Papa hasn't sent me the picture we took of his camera but I have one from daddy's phone:
Mason was over taking pictures but he still looks cute.
 
After lunch, Mimi pulled out an old poster of daddy from his t-ball days and we compared it to Kate:
They're both a couple cuties.
 
I spoiled myself this year for Mother's Day.  I upgraded my iPhone 4s to the new iPhone 6 (love it!), bought myself a new FSU shirt and arranged to have Mother's Day pictures taken one Sunday afternoon at the Miccosukee Greenway.  We tried a new photographer (Kate Bellflower) since Lexi recently moved away and I am in love with them!  I'll share all those in my next post.
 
Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...