Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Miscellaneous Pictures to Share

A few random thoughts and pictures to share. 
 
Mason loves helping Justin and doing "boy stuff" (as Justin calls it).  We ordered a new Swiffer vac and Mason enjoyed helping Justin put it together.  He's such a good helper.
 This is the kids new "secret hideout" - my closet.  Kate loves to take all her stuffed animals, her blankets, and pillows into my closet where she and Mason hang out.  This particular time got her into trouble because she didn't pick up all her things after bring told repeatedly to do so, so I packed them all up and she's earning back one animal each day she is a good listener. 
 
The Skink 
I wish I had taken a picture of this, but on Saturday Kate and I finally caught the blue tailed skink that has been living in our house since Christmas.  Yes, CHRISTMAS!  I saw it one day in the hallway when I was home with the kids and it ran up into the door frame in Kate's room before I could catch it.  We never saw it again until a week ago, when it scurried across Kate's room from under her bed to her closet. Until then, I assumed it had died or found its way back outside.  Boy was I wrong. I trapped it in the closet that afternoon and waited for Justin to get home.  But before he could suck it up with the shop vac, it escaped into a hole in the corner of Kate's closet. 
 
I was so aggravated but relieved that Kate didn't seem too upset about it being in her room.  When we got home a week later on a Saturday afternoon, I saw that nasty skink once again running from the closet and heading for underneath her bed. This time I put towels down so it couldn't get back to the closet (since it had an escape route there) and Kate watched it with a flashlight while I grabbed a broom.  I heard her say "Mommy, I think he's having a party under there".  I agree...he's been having a party for months! Anyways, I managed to force it into a shoe box and forced the lid on it before it could escaped.  We ran outside and let it loose in the neighbor's yard. Girl power!  I was so proud of us!
 
I'm SO relieved we finally got rid of Kate's roommate.  When Justin and I were leaving for church the next morning, another skink (twice as big) was in our garage and ran straight for our kitchen door.  I started shouting "Don't let that thing in here" and unfortunately it got away before Justin could kill it.  We joked around that it heard we had a vacancy.  Ugh!  I will freak out if another one gets in our house.  So gross!
 
Back to happier thoughts...my little man loves playing on daddy's "tractor".  But once it gets cranked up, Mason runs inside crying because it's too loud.
 
Look what else he is up to:
He tried big boy underwear and quickly had an accident but hey, it's a start!
 I had to take a picture of this sleeping position...all boy.
My little stud muffin with chocolate ice cream running down his chest.
 
Here's a couple new pictures Kate drew that I thought were so good: 
 Kate and her friends dreaming of Minnie Mouse.
 Kate and her friends dreaming of more friends!
 
A couple weeks ago, it was "Take Your Son/Daughter to Work Day" and my co-worker brought her three girls (ages 10,9 and 7).  We had a lot of fun through out the day and the girls kept bringing me drawings they had done.  What made me laugh was they had our boss sign every drawing, making them "official". 
Can't argue with that - "World's Greatest Rebecca"
 Signed by my boss, Clark.
My self portrait.
I still have all of these hanging in my office.  I can't wait until my kiddos are old enough to come to work with me.
 
We also made another visit to the Southwood Pool.  Daddy was out of town at a fishing tournament and the weather was terrible that weekend.  We met Uncle Jordan, Aunt Katie and Camden at the pool but didn't get to stay too long (maybe 45 minutes).  The upside was that we had the entire place to ourselves - no one wanted to come out with the weather being so threatening. 
 
 Showing off his muscles.
We still had a great time even though it didn't last long.
 
Later that evening, we attended a bridal shower/cookout for my long time friend, Michael (Audrey's Uncle) and his new wife, Rose. Kate and Mason had a great time playing with Audrey, Sawyer and their cousin Lily.  At one point during the night I decided to go check on the boys, who were off by themselves.  Audrey told me they were having a party in the upstairs bathroom.  Hmmm.  After I got Sawyer to unlock the door, I discovered they were playing swords with disposable razors.  Thank goodness they didn't get hurt! Boys! 
 This past weekend we snuck into Lafayette Oaks neighborhood to play on the playground.  The kids had a great time playing and I'm sure we'll be back soon (if we don't get caught)! 





 After the park, I told Mason to jump in the bath:
I guess I should have specified to take off his shirt first.  Silly boy.
 
And finally...this past Sunday I took a couple quick pictures after church of my cuties: 
The lamb Kate made in bible class. 
They are currently learning about Psalms 23 and memorizing the whole chapter!
This is one of my favorite outfits on Kate!  Nanny bought it for Kate's birthday this past year and she's finally able to wear it. Thank you Nanny for another precious outfit. 
And the last picture of this post, my matching boys.  Love them!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I would have died over the skink. I CANNOT STAND THOSE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...