Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kindergarten Orientaton

Last Friday, I took off for the day to take Kate to Kindergarten Orientation at Roberts.  She was so excited but a little overwhelmed at first.  We met in the cafeteria and as soon as we walked in, there were a couple groups of students getting ready to leave for a field trip in addition to all the Kindergarten parents and students.  Kate immediately asked me in awe, "Do all these kids go to Roberts?" Shortly after we got there, we saw Nolan and Mrs. Amanda - the only other people we knew.  I was surprised I didn't recognize more families but I guess I'll be meeting lots of new parents in the next year.
 
Waiting for Orientation to begin.  We were in the pink fox group. 
Kate and Nolan checking out one of the classrooms.  Kate told me after we walked in the first class, "I think I'm going to like this place".   
Nolan and Kate. :)

After a brief introduction, we took a tour of the school.  We went to all six Kindergarten classes, the Media Center, the Front Office, passed the Art Room and Music Room (but only peaked inside) and then ended the tour on the Kindergarten Playground for cookies and juice.  While we were there, I dropped off Kate's registration packet so we are official!
 
After our busy morning, I took Kate to lunch at Red Elephant, we did some shopping, and then we took a tour of Killearn United Methodist Daycare.  I think Kate will end up going there but we are going to tour one more place before we decide. I'm more confident with my decisions when I have something to compare to. After the tour, I took her for ice cream at Sweet Frog.  I love that it's a Christian company - FROG stands for "Fully Rely on God". Great motto!
 Posing in front of the sign with the white frog...Kate loves to "pet" the frog any time we are there.
Perfect day for ice cream! 
It was a busy day and she was wiped out before we got home.  She's ready for Kindergarten now!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...