Tuesday, September 9, 2014

In No Particular Order...

In no particular order, here are several pictures over the last several weeks of things that were going on around our house.  I love these every day, ordinary events - they make some of the best memories.
 Daddy and Kate reading bedtime stories.  Precious moments.
We had a baby shower for a lady in our office a couple weeks ago.  Since I work with all men, I offered to put together a joint gift from all of us.  Someone had given me a baby bath tub filled with items for my first baby shower and I thought it was such a neat idea.  I was pleased with how this turned out, especially since this was my first time doing one of these.  It doesn't look like much but I had $100 to spend and I spent $99.78.  Can't get much closer than that!

Jamberry nails is all the rage right now and Mrs. Tracy had an online party a couple weeks ago.  Kate was so excited to pick out her nail wraps and shortly after they came in the mail, I had the pleasure of trying to cut itty bitty nail wraps to fit Kate's nails.  What a task!  It took me 45 minutes to do her toes and 45 minutes to do her fingernails over the course of two nights. Needless to say I still haven't done my nails - there's probably an easier & more efficient way to apply these but I haven't figured it out! Despite all the work, they are neat to see on her nails - too cute!

While I was out of the office for several days on vacation, I came back to find my pictures had been taped over with pictures of the guys I work with...
 I have a lot of pictures on my desk but I only snapped a picture of these two. 
 This one was probably the most disturbing...grown men's pictures on the heads of my children and nephew.  Creepy!  But it still made me smile and feel the love.  I guess they wouldn't prank you unless they liked you, right?!

Recently, we have had a problem with the kids keeping their clothes on at the table. It's funny when it happens once and not so funny when it happens again and again.  The first night, Kate was upset that she spilled bbq sauce on her shirt.  In an effort to avoid the drama, we told her that she could just take her shirt off and still eat at the table.  The next night, the kids were getting ready to eat and Kate asked if they could eat "naked butt".  Before I could say "no", I turned around and saw this...
So bad!  I guess it'll be some time before we can have dinner guests.

A couple days later, we made a family trip to Best Buy.  The kids were having a great time playing on the shelves behind the boxes of appliances while Justin and I shopped.  Honestly, I didn't pay them much attention because they had "built a fort" and were staying relatively quiet.  
 where's Kate?

 Peek-a-boo!
 Their "fort". I think I would have loved to play there too when I was their age.  

They were covered when dust when they emerged - but it kept them content and confined so we didn't care.  Things were going good until Kate came running up to us, handed me Mason's shorts, and announced, "Here Mom!  Mason took his pants off!"  When I looked up, he was dancing in the aisle, sans pants.  What is it with our children taking their clothes off in public?!  He thought it was hilarious as we tried to scoop him up and force his pants back on.  After that episode, we quickly left. 
 More pictures of Mason, being Mason (and all boy):
He loves sucking on this lizard - so strange.  Unfortunately for Mason, the lizard was thrown away when he bit most of its' head off (shortly after this picture was taken). 
 Playing in the refrigerator - weirdo.
 One cool dude.
Mason's first class project (I helped).

And a few random pictures of my sweet little girl...
 Shopping with mommy. 
We can shop for hours and she never gets tired of it.  I love spending special time with just her.
Trying on masks at Hobby Lobby - I think Kate would stay there for hours if I let her.  She's fascinated with every aisle. 
This is the picture she drew for Sterling (Sterling's birthday is tomorrow).  
Kate (left) and Sterling (right) are picking a flower together.  Justin said she was holding up her flower ring (her inspiration) with her left hand and drawing this picture with her right hand and told him, "See dad!  I told you I was great at this."  I can't argue with that! 

This is one of the strange things Kate does, that Mason now copies.  Whenever we drive with the windows down, Kate loves to stick her feet out the window and feel the wind between her toes.  

I guess that makes two weirdos. :)

And a few more random pictures of my two sweet babies... 

 I just want to squeeze them!
 I stole this one from Justin's phone. 
 Cutest little seminoles!

Sometimes impromptu pictures are the best...  
Last Saturday as I took the picture above of the kids in their FSU outfits, my parents arrived at our house wearing their FSU outfits.  Mason was out of smiles by then, but at least he looked at the camera!
Go Noles!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...