Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kate's 5th Birthday!

Kate's 5th birthday was a huge success - she had three celebrations in all!  One birthday party, one class party and one family party.  This little princess had quite the week!

Tuesday night, Kate helped me make cupcakes to take to school on Wednesday for her birthday.  She had picked out pink glitter plates, pink princess napkins and princess goldfish last weekend to take along for her class party.  She had initially picked out a princess cake at Publix, but once I found out how much it was ($61.99), I quickly talked her into making "princess" cupcakes.  She was so excited to help me bake and decorate them - love my little helper!
 Playing the Princess Sophia matching game with me while we waited on the cupcakes to bake
(and wearing her Princess Sophia dress, of coarse!)
 Confetti cupcakes with bright pink icing and pink & purple sprinkles.
 On Wednesday morning, Kate woke up and opened a few presents from us.  We got her a pink camo backpack, new stuffed animal (named Glamour), a barbie fairy doll & horse, and a Princess Anna doll.



 After presents, she took a few pictures with all of us before we hurried out the door to school.  On the way to school, we made a special Chick-fil-a stop for breakfast that morning for the birthday girl.


My big 5 year old - her day had finally arrived!

On Wednesdays, Kate takes a Jazz and Acro class so they had a special dance party in class that day in honor of the birthday girl.  Thank you Mrs. Cameron (Kate's dance teacher)!

Wednesday evening, we had a big family dinner at Red Elephant - the grand finale!






It was a little chaotic at the restaurant so I only managed to get a few pictures of the entire night.  For her birthday, Kate received several fall clothes, a beautiful pink smocked outfit, a Sleeping Beauty doll, Princess Anna shoes, books, and money for her savings account!  

Before we left, I quickly tried to get pictures of the birthday girl with each of her guests.  I was so fast (and distracted) that I completely forgot to get one of the four of us. :(  I felt terrible when I realized it on our way home - but it was already too dark to stop and attempt one.  Why didn't I think of that?! At least I got the two above of her with both Justin and I.  



 Amazingly, despite the fact that the kids were melting down for the small group pictures above, I got a really great one of the entire group.  Really, all the credit goes to the sweet hostess at Red Elephant took the group picture.

Happy 5th Birthday Kate!  
We love you SO much!

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I can't believe she's 5!! Growing up way too fast into such a beautiful little lady! I absolutely adore the picture of you holding Kate on your hip--such a great shot!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...