Sunday, September 28, 2014

5 Year and 2 Year Checkups

On Friday morning, I took the kids to their 5 year and 2 year checkups.  It is so nice being able to schedule one appointment for both kids - saves time!  Overall, the kids got a great report, the only concern was Kate's hearing.  She missed two markers in her right ear screening so we have been referred to Audiology Associates to have another assessment done.  I'm not too worried about it, but I'm glad we got an appointment for her for next Friday.  

The thing that caught me the most off guard was being handed a cup and told Kate needed to pee in it.  What?!  None of my friends had told me to expect this at a 5 year appointment!  It's not a big deal, but logistically it was a challenge.  Since I had Mason with me, we were all crammed in the closet sized bathroom where I tried keep Mason away while I assisted Kate, who just laughed at me.  It brought back memories to Kate's potty training days when I would be out with the kids alone.  It's challenging trying to balance your 4 month old in one hand (no where to put him down) and help your 3 year old on the potty with your left. Haha - don't miss those days!

Anyway...we were successful with the cup and the rest of the appointment was a breeze.  Kate is due for shots, but we were on the way out of town so I opted to come back next week for those. Yikes! 

 Doing her eye exam. She advanced this year from reading shapes to reading letters.  Just another reminder about how quickly she is growing up.
Kate's 5 Year Stats
Height: 41 1/9 inches - 25th percentile
Weight: 38.6 lbs - 45th percentile

Little man did great until it was his turn to be checked.  He cried, wrestled with me and yelled "No, No, No" until Dr. Elzie was done.  It was ridiculous, but I wouldn't expect anything else from Mason. Drama.  Thankfully he is up to date on his shots so he'll only have to come back for the flu shot (or mist) with Kate.

Mason's 2 Year Stats
Height: 32 2/4 inches - 15th percentile
Weight: 26 lbs, 14 oz - 45th percentile
Head Circumference: 49.3 - 70th percentile

Glad that is behind us!  Until next year...

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...