Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Kate's First Dentist Appointment!

Kate had her very first cleaning today and she did fantastic! I was a little nervous about how she would do and very nervous to hear if she had any cavities ( and she didn't - hallelujah!).  I've known for a while this was long overdue but honestly, I'm not sure that it would have gone as well as it did if I had taken her at a younger age.  I was so surprised at how excited she was to go to the dentist.  She told me she had been reading books at school about going to the dentist (I wish I had thought of that) and announced to everyone at school this morning that she was going to the dentist.  I'm so thankful her first experience was a pleasant one. Whew!

Both Kate and I were scheduled for cleanings so I went first.  Kate was chatting non-stop to our dental hygienist, Mrs. Devan, while my teeth were being cleaned.  Every so often, Kate would get out of her chair and I would see Devan to my right and Kate to my left - both starting into my mouth.  So funny. When it was Kate's turn, she jumped right into the chair and put kitty beside her.  Kate did everything Ms. Devan asked her to and sat as still as could be while her teeth were being cleaned.  She even chatted it up with Dr. Frank when he came in, which surprised me even more.  Sometimes Kate can act so shy (when I know she's not) so I'm always so proud of her when she speaks up to adults, especially when she has just met them.  We had a visit from Ms. Lois (the lady who has been my hygienist since I was a little girl) and our friend Mrs. Amy (who I've known for years from high school) while we were there and everyone was so impressed with how well Kate did.  I'm sure I was beaming.  
 Growing up.
 All ready to go.
Mrs. Devan gave Kate a pair of Hello Kitty sunglasses to wear since the light was so bright (she didn't hesitate to put them on - such a little diva!) 
 Still being a superstar for Dr. Frank.  
He asked her when she was turning five and she responded very matter of fact, "on my birthday".  Ha ha.
All done!
  I'm so proud of my girl!  Showing off those pearly whites and her brand new dolphin toothbrush. 

After our appointment, I took Kate to pick out a special toy for being such a brave girl.  She picked an Animal Baby - one of the newest things.  Is it just me or is this thing really odd looking? Lucky for us there are four different baby animals and guess who wants all four??

Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you Kate!  Now we will just pray your brother will do just as good as you did at his first appointment in a couple years. 

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...