Sunday, June 30, 2013

VBS 2013 and a Surprise Bunny

Last Saturday was Timberlane's Vacation Bible School.  This is the second time that VBS has only been on a Saturday and while it's not my preference, I'm glad Kate was able to participate again this year.  The theme was Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors.  Mason was still too young to attend but we dropped Kate off that morning at 10am.  As each child arrived, they got their picture taken with a cut out of a coat of many colors - cute idea! One of the arts and crafts they did was making tie dyed shirts, one of my favorite things to do at summer camp. She had a great time and was even happier that she didn't have to take a nap that day.
 


After I picked her up from VBS, we made a last minute decision to swim at the Olk's pool.  It was a good thing we did because when we arrived, Kate found this little thing swimming for dear life:

 A baby bunny!

 At first I thought it was a squirrel but the closer I got to it, I quickly realized it was a sweet baby bunny.  I scooped it out of the pool and let it dry on the beach towel in the sun.  I didn't think the bunny would make it since it was in shock and clearly traumatized, but I hoped it wouldn't die on us while Kate was there.  Kate immediately named her "Ali" and asked if we could take her home. 

 So before we left, guess who came along for the ride?
 Daddy did a great job nursing it back to health and set it up in a box in the garage Saturday night with a little water dish (one of Kate's kitchen toys) and some clover.  By Sunday afternoon, that bunny had made a full recovery and was hoping all around, trying to get out.  We let the bunny go in the bushes beside our house that afternoon and watched it quickly hop off.  There are several bunnies in our neighborhood, so I'm sure we will see this sweet bunny around.
What an exciting day!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...