Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend and we decided to stay in town this year.  It was a packed weekend but at the same time, relaxing.  Friday night, Justin and I thought it would be fun to have a movie night with Kate.  We watched the Disney movie, Brave, and let her stay up until 9:30 that night.  During the movie, she would squeal with excitement at some parts and at others, I would look over at her and she had her blanket over her head, covering her eyes.  A couple times, she would run over to me and say "Thank you mommy for this movie" and then quickly run back to her spot on the couch.  That made it all worth it and I'm sure we will do it again soon.

Saturday and Monday, Aunt Katie and Uncle Jordan invited us over to swim. The Olk's have built a big covered patio complete with a kitchen, eating area and TV so I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time over there this summer!  This was Mason's first time at the pool and he enjoyed a little bit of play time beside the pool and in the pool.

Waiting to leave for the pool, he fell asleep in his jumper!
 Sitting in the shade by the pool.  We made a play area for Mason out of one of the rafts so in case he fell over, he wouldn't hit his head on the concrete.





 We didn't have a baby float last weekend so we used a raft as a cover for Mason while he was in the pool.  Necessity is the mother of invention!
 My little water bug.
  Floating with Aunt Katie.
 Playing with Uncle Jordan.



 Watch out ladies!

Saturday night, Mimi and Papa invited us over for a steak dinner!  We had a great visit and while we were there, Mason noticed Buster for the first time.  When Buster jumped up in the seat next to Mimi, Mason thought that was hilarious and laughed and laughed watching Buster rub all over the chair.


Sunday was a big day too.  My dad was appointed as an elder at Timberlane.  I know my dad will do a great job as one of the leaders and I am so proud of him!  Sunday afternoon, my grandmother had us over for another wonderful lunch.  We visited for a while and then headed back to our house for afternoon naps.  Monday, we spent another day at the pool and then that evening we had burgers and hotdogs at my parent's house to finish up a wonderful weekend.  I didn't take a single picture at my parents but I think we were all exhausted from being at the pool all day.

It was so nice having a long weekend!  Although it was only one extra day, it was wonderful having another day to spend with my family!  I miss them so much during the week.

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...