Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Happy Father's Day to Daddy, Granddaddy, Papa and Uncle Jordan!  Unfortunately Papa was in Naples this weekend so we didn't get to see him today, but we celebrated with him Wednesday night before he left town. We had a relaxing day and celebrated by eating lunch at TGI Fridays after church with my family.



Daddy, Granddaddy and Uncle Jordan (daddy-to-be soon and the best uncle in the world!)

 My dad will always be the first man that stole my heart.  I love you dad and Kate and Mason are so blessed to have you as a grandfather!

This evening, Kate gave Daddy her Father's Day presents she made at school.  Sometimes the handmade gifts are the best - I'm always excited to see what she has made at school.

  Her hand print says "Thank you for always being there to hold my hand!"  
Love, Kate 
June 2013

I am amazed at what a wonderful dad Justin is.  There aren't too many men that would be willing to stay at home and care for their children and Justin does so with no complaints.  I know it's a hard job and I know he never though this would be the direction our lives would take us, but he does such a fantastic job.  He is patient and loving towards them and even on the challenging days he just takes it in stride. He has a connection with Kate and Mason, a special bond, that most dads miss out on, espeically when their children are at such a young age.  I am so blessed to have him as the father of my children.  I am so proud of him and love him more than words can express.  We love you daddy!



Father's Day is also a time to remember those dads that are no longer with us.  I always think about my Granddaddy and my Uncle David.  I often wish Kate and Mason would have been able to have them in their lives, but I am extremely grateful that I was able to have them in mine.  They will always hold a special place in my heart and I will share pictures and stories with Kate and Mason so they will know of my Granddaddy and Uncle David through me.

I want to wish all the special dads in our lives a Happy Father's Day!  We love you!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...