Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving at Good Samaritan Academy

We celebrated an early Thanksgiving with Kate at her school this morning and had a good time, although Kate wasn’t in the best mood. Aunt Katie gave Kate an adorable turkey shirt last night, but this morning it was a little dramatic getting Kate to put it on. She kept fussing at me saying, “No turkey shirt; I don't want it” but I eventually won that battle. Good thing too because that shirt is too cute not to show it off!
We arrived at school about 10:30 to see the kids come out with their feathered headbands on (guess who wouldn’t wear theirs) and sing songs and tell the parents what they were thankful for. After the short program, Kate’s class enjoyed their Thanksgiving feast and showed off their Thanksgiving place mats. Each family brought a different item to contribute to the meal (ours was mac and cheese – mommy is thankful for Publix!). Again, it took some convincing to get Kate to cooperate and sit down and eat her lunch, which ended up being more of a nibble than a feast.
The interesting part of lunch was during my conversation with Ms. Sam (Kate’s teacher), I found out two secrets my little girl has been hiding from me:
1. She can count to 5 in SPANISH!
2. She has become the class kisser! Apparently she grabs her friend, pulls them in, and plants one right on the lips. I promise her daddy and I will start teaching her to kiss her friends on the cheek. 

Mommy and Daddy's little turkey.


Close up of the turkey shirt.

Another adorable shirt Mrs. Katie made for Kate that I had to share - I love it!  Kate has the perfect pair of jeggings to go with her shirt.

Thank you Aunt Katie and Mrs. Katie for the wonderful shirts.  One day Kate will appreciate how cute she looks in all her pictures! 

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...