Saturday, November 19, 2011

First Day of Thanksgiving Vacation

My vacation has officially started! Usually I only ask for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off, but I decided to ask off the entire week this year! Since my birthday is on Tuesday, I knew I didn't want to work that day if I didn't have to, and if I took off Wednesday too, what was the point of working Monday (Thursday and Friday are state holidays)?!  I am really looking forward to this upcoming week for many reasons, but the biggest one is being able to spend time with Kate - 9 days to be exact.

This morning we met Gigi and Grandaddy and went to Bradley's Country Days, which has been a tradition for the past several years.  We shopped (didn't buy anything except our 16 layer chocolate cake - yum!) and then let Kate ride the train ride, slide down the huge slide with mommy, and see the horses. 

Check out the slide in the background - Kate and I were fearless.

After Bradley's, we headed home and Kate took a nap before this handsome little man came over to play. 
Maddox also has an exciting week coming up because he's going to be a big brother!  We were excited to have Maddox come over and play because his parents deserved one last date night before baby M comes. 

These two were busy from the time Maddox arrived until he left - reading, cooking, coloring, play outside, doing puzzles, and blowing bubbles. 


Thanks for coming over Maddox - we had a great time! 

1 comment:

The Mundies said...

Thanks again for keeping Maddox for us! I know they had a bast and we did, too! Let me know when you are up to keeping BOTH of our babies! :)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...