Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kate's Kitty

Kitty is Kate’s best friend. Her full name is “Night Night Kitty”, which Justin came up with, but we have since shortened it to Kitty. Especially since Kate can now say “KIT-ty”. To date, we are now the proud owners of not one, not two, but three Kitties. For a while, we just had one Kitty, which Gigi gave Kate last Easter. Once I realized Kate was so attached to it, I went to purchase a backup and they no longer carried them. I did some searching on the internet (what did we ever do without it?) and finally found the exact same kitty. I ordered my backup several months ago which I started calling “Pretty Kitty”. I started out only letting her take it to church, but then it started coming in handy when the first Kitty (aka “Daycare Kitty” or “Ugly Kitty”) was nowhere to be found or being washed.


Well, pretty kitty is no longer pretty, so I have recently purchased a third. I think I’m going to call her “Special Occasion” Kitty. I’m going to do my best to limit Kate’s use of the third one because I am determined this is the last one we are going to buy. I don’t realize how dingy the first two kitties have become until I see the third one. I have heard stories about some children that only want the original one, but thankfully Kate doesn’t seem to have a kitty preference. I never let her hold on to more than one at a time, but every now and then she finds two kitties and runs around squealing because she’s hit the baby jackpot.


All three kitties - oldest on the left and newest on the right.
Before Kate "loves" on them

After. 
It's their nose that gets so bad, she loves to bite it.

Everything is better with Kitty.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Rebecca, this is the cutest, funniest post EVER! I had no idea you had more than one!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...