Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Visit to Good Samaritan

Today was Kate's first visit to her new school - Good Samaritan Academy.  She was a little shy at first, but she warmed up and loved playing all around the room.  Kate and I attended the morning devotional, which is combined with the 2 year old class and the 3 year old class, so she was probably overwhelmed at first.  Immediately, several kids came up to us, asking what Kate's name was and how old she was.  They loved her hair bow and bracelet and some even wanted to sit on my lap with Kate.  I think she had a great time and it helped ease my nerves.  Katie gave me the sweetest card Tuesday night along with some candy (for me, ummm!) and hair bows (for Kate), which almost made me cry, but I managed to hold it together.  Thank you so much Katie - it really meant a lot to me!  I didn't realize how emotional I am about this transition.  I debated about going into work this afternoon since I will be out of the office Friday afternoon and Monday, but I decided I needed a girl's day with Kate.  


On the way to her new school. 

Please keep Kate in your prayers since she starts at her new school tomorrow.  I hope she has a great first day. 


No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...