Monday, September 6, 2010

Not So Great Long Weekend

I was really looking forward to the long weekend - but I've had a sick child and sick husband to take care of.  Kate started off running a low grade fever for several days (which I attributed to teething) but Thursday night it got up to 102.5 and we kept her home Friday.  Friday night a rash appeared and by Saturday it covered her entire body.  The on call nurse suggested we take her to Urgent Care so that's where we spent late Saturday afternoon.  Diagnoses?  Viral rash and fever - aka, wait for it to clear up.  Wonderful.  So on top of Kate being sick, Justin came down with a fever and body aches Saturday night and has been in bed ever since. 


I know she doesn't feel good when she cries during her bath.

Maybe the upside is that everyone will be in good health for the birthday party in two weeks!  Mailin was sweet to give up two days of her weekend to help me shop for the party.  Thanks again Mailin, your creativity is such a blessing!  I'm feeling less overwhelmed and more excited.  The two of us finished a fantastic project that I'm going to keep hidden until the party.  Hopefully everyone else will like it as much as we do.  Now if I can just get those invitations in the mail this week...

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...