Saturday, September 11, 2010

6 Steps!

Tonight Kate took 6 steps for the first time and she had quite an audience.  My cousins, Tiffany and Kayla, were in town this weekend with their families for a quick visit.  Friday night, we had a great time hanging out at my grandmother's house.


Kate reading with her cousins, Caleb (left) and Andrew (center).

Jordan teaching Andrew how to hold the bat.
Kate found Uncle Jordan's wallet and was pulling out his money.  Justin told her stick a few dollars in her diaper.
Caught her!
Caleb taught us how to play hot potato - whoever was holding the potato when the music stopped got a chip.  Three chips and you were out!
Justin and his chips.

Today we went to Wakulla Springs (minus Jordan, Katie and Justin) and went on the boat ride (Kate's first).
One day, I'm going to be able to go on the glass bottom boat, but not today.
Waiting to get on the boat.
Group shot - my cousin Kayla and her husband Wes are in front.
This is the closest I have gotten to an alligator on the boat tour.  We also saw several manatees - another first for me at Wakulla Springs!
Kate loved it!

Tonight after dinner, Kate took two steps in the living room with Gigi and Nanny and then decided to show everyone (including Mommy) by talking 6 steps at once in the kitchen.  Although that was the only performance tonight, I'm sure we'll be seeing more in the next several days and hopefully I can catch a couple steps on video.  YEA KATE!

I always want to say thank you to Tiffany and Kayla for the wonderful birthday gifts for Kate (books and bath paint).  We'll have to take some pictures when we try the bath paint!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...