Thursday, June 3, 2010

Crawling!

Kate started crawling on Monday (Memorial Day)!  I was so thankful Justin and I were here to watch her for the first time.  When I started back to work in January, I asked her not to do any "firsts" while I was gone - so far she has listened to mommy, but we'll see when she starts walking. 

Click here to view this video (password = rebecca)

Now the real challenge has begun - I'm already trying to find ways to contain her and I'm finding out just how much I have to baby proof the house.  I thought the tile would slow her down but she doesn't seem to be bothered by it.  She has realized it's a little more difficult to crawl on than the rugs, so instead of using both of her knees, she now uses one knee and a foot for extra momentum.  As I'm writing this, I glance up and see her by the tv, then by the stairs, and now by the kitchen table - she is so quick! 

Daddy worked on lowering the crib mattress on his day off - of coarse it was a huge ordeal.

    Caught in action...

Pulling out anything she can get her hands on - a play pen is looking like a good investment! 

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...