Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We Own Them!

I just wrote the last check to pay off my car - thank goodness!  Justin and I took the Financial Peace University class (lessons by Dave Ramsey) at our church a couple years ago and have been working ever since to apply what we learned to our finances.  For anybody that has not taken the class, I HIGHLY recommend it!  We started with paying off our student loans (in 4 months), Justin's truck (in 13 months) and now my car (in 10 months) - which makes us "debt free" (according to Dave, of coarse we still have the mortgage to tackle).  Now we've got to concentrate on our retirement accounts and Kate's college savings account!  As much as I wish we had a bigger, fancier house like several of our friends, I have to remind myself what a blessing it is to live BELOW are means and not worry about money.  God is good!   
Now if we can just keep the cars from needing major repairs!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...