Saturday, May 15, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I had a great first Mother's Day - although I think I'm going to give Justin some guidance next year.  I didn't have high expectations and still I was a little disappointed - no flowers or breakfast - but I did get two cards, one from him and one from Kate.  And, to make up for the lack of breakfast, he disappeared during church and came back with a homemade blueberry muffin, which was sweet until I heard the story on how he got it.  I shouldn't have asked but long story short, the youth group is selling baked goods for their mission trip this summer, and since Justin didn't have any change on him, he stole it- of coarse we going to give a double donation tomorrow to make up for this - I'm so embarrassed.

Thankfully the rest of the day went great - we went over to my parents house for lunch along with Justin's parents and my grandmother.  I gave all the grandmothers some pictures of Kate that we took when she was 6 months which can be seen here until June 30th (enter Rebecca Evers under Customer Name).

I am some blessed to be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a Mom this year.  Of coarse I have a wonderful mom, grandmother, mother-in-law, and grandmothers-in-law but this year is extra special to me.  I couldn't ask for a better baby!  This afternoon I came in with an arm full of bags and when I walked past Kate, she burst into tears.  I guess she was afraid I wasn't going to say hi or pick her up.  I couldn't help but smile because it was the sweetest thing - I love being loved that much!

Here are some of the pictures from my first Mother's Day:


Four Generations



Kate's favorite "toy" - she loves to watch Samantha and squeals everytime she sees her.
Reading with Nanny (Mimi gave me the book for Mother's Day for Kate and I to read together).

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...