Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday - Mommy's Day Out

Justin has given me a belated Mother's Day gift today - a welcomed break!  I felt beat down from the week - work was exhausting, Kate was irritable almost every afternoon, and to top it all off, Justin had worked late everyday so I didn't have any help.  But the week started turning around last night.  We ate at Red Elephant for dinner with great company, the Sapps - Matt, Amanda, Emeline who is 3 and little Nolan who is 6 weeks.   I'm so glad I have found more friends that love Red Elephant as much as I do and we had been promising to bring them dinner since Nolan was born, so we treated them to dinner instead. 

Then today my wonderful husband had some quality father/daughter time and even helped out with the laundry (maybe it's because he was running out of clothes).  One weekend I want to go and sit on a beach somewhere, but this was the next best thing.  I left early this morning (with a 8 month old, I'm lucky to "sleep in" until 7) and did some errands, went shopping, and went to a 11:30 movie (Letters to Juliet - loved it and can't beat the $4.75 am price).  One of my favorite things to do is go to a movie and it's even better when it's not crowded.  Of course my day wouldn't be complete without seeing Kate, so I went home about mid afternoon so we could play and stroll around the neighborhood.

I thought she looked so funny sitting there with the elephant foot in her mouth. 
I think she enjoyed her day with daddy.

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...