Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Cast Free on the 100th Day of School...or so we thought!

Last Wednesday, I took Kate to her doctor appointment to get her cast removed. She was so excited and after an hour wait and a couple of x-rays...she was free!
 
Before:
 After:
 Yipee!
 After the appointment, we did what us Evers girls do to celebrate and made a special trip to....
The Cake Shop!

 "Mom, it smells so good". (Note - I do not smell my cupcakes)
 She did what I usually resist doing - licking the plate.
 
Kate enjoyed a long bubble bath before church and the next day she was off to school to celebrate the 100th day (by the way - when did that become such a big deal?!)
100 thumb prints for the 100th day of school. 
 Mrs. Pettway (who got married over Christmas break and changed her name from Ms. Hughes) said that day the kids were bouncing off the walls, more so than Christmas.

That might explain how I got a phone call later that day from Aunt Katie - Kate had fallen on her foot (after jumping over a water puddle) and couldn't walk.  *Sigh* I left work and headed out to Roberts to pick up little boo and then on to TOC.  I grabbed her "crunches" and the kindle on the way to TOC and there we sat for the next three hours. 
 
She ended up getting the cast back on for another week or so to immobilize her so her ankle can fully heal.  Thankfully she didn't re-break it. I think we set some kind of record - cast off and back on in less than 24 hours!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...