Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Birthday Weekend

This past Saturday was my 32nd birthday.  I had grand plans to celebrate but most of it was not as planned.  I have been sick with a terrible head cold for over a week now.  I was out of the office two days last week and still haven't fully recovered. On Friday, I met mom, dad, Jordan and Justin for lunch at Logan's.  It's been a nice family tradition we started this year and I hope we can continue it!

 I got a call from daycare on Friday afternoon to pick up Mason.  He had come down with the same congestion I have had so Friday night we spent a couple hours at Urgent Care.  The poor little guy had pink eye in both eyes and an ear infection.  On Saturday, Mason slept in until 8 so that meant I got to sleep in too on my birthday!  Sometimes that's the only perk to having a sick child, they sleep late.  Since Mason was sick and the weather was rainy, we skipped going to Bradley's Family Fun Day and just stayed close to home.  We went to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast and it was packed.  Since it was raining, everyone was inside the store so it was less than ideal but the delicious food was worth it!  That evening, we went over to my parent's house to celebrate my birthday.  We had hamburgers for dinner and an FSU themed birthday cake for dessert!  All of my family was able to come over except Uncle Jordan (he was out of town for a golf tournament).  
 My gift from Kate:
 She drew me five red roses.  So precious.

 Helping mommy blow out the candles:
  
After I saw Mrs. Ashleigh-Anne and Kyndall's matching sweatshirts, I had to order some for Kate and I.  And lucky me they arrived that day in the mail!
 Don't we look cute?!
Happy 32nd birthday - to me!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...