Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Mason!

On Sunday, Mason turned two!  Our families ate lunch together at TGI Fridays to celebrate Mason's big day.  


 I think Mason enjoyed his time in the spotlight.  He smiled while we sang Happy Birthday, he blew out his candles like a pro, handed them to me, and then dug into his cupcake.


 So much cupcake, so little time.
"Are you done taking my picture yet?"
After lunch, Kate went home with my parents to spend some quality time with them that afternoon and with Nanny the next day (there was no VPK).  After the birthday boy woke up from his nap, we took him outside to play with his new toys - all by himself.  That might be the best birthday gift he received this year!   It was the best afternoon - there was no whining, no shouting and I enjoyed sweet snuggles with my little man.  I wish every day could be like that.


 Daddy teaching Mason how to hit the baseball off the tee.  It takes a pro to teach with only one hand.
 Action shot!
 He's a natural.
 After playing baseball, it was time to mow the grass (very serious business).
These past two years have gone by way too fast!

At school this past week, Mason was the "Star Student".  He got to bring in his favorite book to have read in class (Little Blue Truck and Elmo), hold the flag during morning chapel and display pictures up on the bulletin board.  His teacher commented she was surprised I wasn't crying (apparently a lot of moms cry) - ?  
His teacher snapped a picture of us together in front of the Star Student Board.  Go Mason!
 After the birthday party on Saturday, I thought to change Mason into his "two" shirt and a take a couple pictures.  I'm so glad I did because these turned out to be two of my favorite pictures from the weekend:
 Handsome boy! 
Can he get any cuter?!

Happy 2nd Birthday Mase!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...