Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Job Adventure

The Friday before Christmas, I accepted a new job at the Department of Revenue.  This opportunity has been a complete surprise, and I’m very excited and nervous at the same time.  The great news is that I can stay on maternity leave until March 1 but the downside is that we have no income until then!  The practical side of me says go back to work earlier, but I’ve decided to be a little bit selfish and have another two months with my babies.  I know these next two months will fly by, but I’m thankful to be given this opportunity since I have to continue working.

It’s funny how I’ve looked back and ask God for one thing and he gives me something else instead.  I was praying that Justin would get a fantastic job so I wouldn’t have to go back to work (and still am…) but instead God gave ME a job opportunity.  This new job is a huge leap of faith, but after weighing my options, I think this job at Revenue will be a good fit for me at this time in my life.  At Education, it’s a very unpredictable work environment and extremely demanding, and while it helps the days fly by, it’s hard on both me and Justin.  I come home exhausted and mentally drained some days and it takes away from my quality time with my family.  
I am really going to miss the co-workers I have at Education but I’m excited to develop new friendships at Revenue.  I told my boss (Amy) at Education that I wasn’t closing the door forever, I just needed a change for right now.   I was nervous about making the move and talking to Amy, but after that conversation, I’ve been very excited about this new adventure so I think that’s a good sign!  Some of the biggest changes will be location (at Southwood and literally next door to daycare), the option of a flex schedule and little to no overtime!  Exactly what I asked God for if I had to continue working.
One big change for Kate will be daycare.  Starting in January, she will start going to school only three mornings a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from 8-12 so we can save some money and see how this new schedule works everyone.  The director, Ms. Dawn, told me she would hold Kate’s full time spot for these next two months and we will re-evaluate the situation for March.  Justin is planning on working part time from home and keeping the kids so this will be an adventure for everyone! I’m not sure financially what we will do in March about daycare, depending on Justin’s work situation, but I know God will make it all work so I’m trying not to stress about it.
Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...